School is out for summer already and it’s time for some summer fun. Parents strive to entertain, nurture and enrich their little ones while trying to stay cool. Fortunately, in Sarasota, there are plenty of fun activities, lots of entertainment and a wide variety of enriching summer camps right in our own town.
Summer Camp – for the summer, or just a week, Camps can be a great way for kids to meet other kids and play in a safe, fun and educational environment. There are art camps, sport camps, drama camps… the list is endless, almost!
“While the popular Kids Camp at Sarasota Memorial’s HealthFit is already full, there are many other great options from which to choose. Check out the Sarasota Herald-Tribune’s camp guide for inspiration, Sarasota Herald Tribune’s Summer Camp Guide or check out Sarasota County’s guide to Parks for summer fun ideas at Sarasota County Parks and Recreation”
Also check out:
- http://ibis.htcreative.com/summercamps/summercamps2.aspx for a list of summer camps in Sarasota for all ages and interests.
Entertainment and Attractions that are kid friendly, fun and educational:
- Big Cat Habitat – Is a home for exotic animals with educational and entertaining demonstrations and shows and a petting zoo. http://bigcathabitat.org/
- Sailor Circus – School aged children perform aerial and acrobatic stunts in a show twice a year. http://circusarts.org/
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Center – Friday Fest on the Bay is a free outdoor concert that hosts a different band every Friday evening that is fun for the entire family. http://www.vanwezel.org/index.cfm
- AMF Bowling Center is offering free summer bowling; go to their web site to register. http://www.amf.com/gulfgatelanes
- The Sarasota County Library hosts many free educational and entertaining events through the summer for children of all ages.
For more activities and festivals go to http://www.allaboutsarasotakids.com/news-and-events.aspx