Now that the cooler weather is finally here we can get outside and enjoy the weather we all love so much. What better way to get up and burn some calories than by playing with our kids. Here in Sarasota there are many places to enjoy the fresh air and beauty of our town.
- Selby Botanical Gardens – Abundant with tropical flora and fauna.
- Jungle Gardens – Enjoy this zoo with beautiful gardens of native flora and fauna.
- Historic Spanish Point – Waterfront museum with nature trails and pioneer building –a look into the past.
- Sarasota Bayfront Marina – kids can play in the playground, walk over the Ringling Bridge watch for dolphins, go fishing off the pier.
- Legacy Trail – A family bike ride along this beautifully maintained rail to trail.
- Myakka River state park – Hiking trails, canopy walk, rent a kayak and see the alligators sunning on the shores.
- Digging for Shark Teeth on the beaches of Venice.
- Rothenbach Park – walk, run or bike ride along the trails.
- Save Our Seabirds- Out door bird rehab and rescue.
- Big Cat Habitat – Lions, Tigers, Bears, and a Liger? Oh my!
- Golf/Mini golf– A game of mini golf, the driving range.
- Kayak Eco tours – see manatees, dolphins and birds living in the mangroves.
- Crowley Museum and Nature Center –A look into the past.
- Around the Bend Nature Tours – Learn the science and sustainability of Florida.
- Paddle boarding – My personal favorite J
This is just a small sample of the many outdoor activities that my family enjoys. There is a lot to do in Sarasota, ranging from lots of activity to a little; much to learn, see and explore and many free of charge…. Get up, get out and go play!